BIRD TREATMENTS TO REMOVE AND PREVENT BIRD CONTROL ISSUES
Our buildings provide warmth, shelter, moisture and food for birds. The most common complaints are birds nesting in roof voids and bird mites which travel from the bird to us. However there are many different problems associated with Birds and we can offer guaranteed solutions to many of them. So whatever your particular problem is please call us for some friendly advice.
Birds can offer a safe haven for fleas and bird mites. The fleas and mites are feeding off the birds in their nest and when the birds leave their nest these little predators come searching for us. The bites from Bird Mites can be quite painful and flea and mite populations can build up very quickly.
They can gain entry into Factories, particularly food related ones, and spoil and contaminate a significant amount of food.
Birds have also been documented to have brought down commercial air planes with a phenomena known as bird-strike.
- Transmit diseases, even particularly nasty ones such as SARS, and spread disease such as Salmonella which is a severe form of food poisoning. The Salmonella bacteria can be found in the bird droppings and also in the eggs of infected Birds. Fungal airborne diseases are also a problem with infected birds and we can develop quite serious illnesses not unlike a severe form of flu.
- Foul buildings and footpaths with their droppings. When wet, these droppings can present a safety hazard and possible legal consequences for building owners.
What is the Treatment?
We perform a thorough Inspection and advise you on the best and most cost effective option. Sometimes there may be more than one option available. These options can include exclusion such as proofing the building and it’s surrounds. We can also offer physical deterrents such as spikes and electric shock systems. These shock systems won’t kill or injure the birds, but makes it very uncomfortable for the bird to be there. There are high pitched audio devices which have proven successful as well. These devices cannot be heard by us and will not irritate your pets either – but birds really dislike them.
We do not like to shoot birds or poison them but if there is no other alternative available and where serious health and safety hazards are present, then these options may be explored.
What is the result?
You can rest easy knowing that a professional program has been implemented to keep your property safe for residents or employees.
Recommended Preventative Tips
- Cut down available food and water sources.
- Be extra vigilant to birds that return.
- Ensure that all droppings are removed.
- Wear protective equipment and wash your hands thoroughly after removing droppings.
- For professional eradication or prevention, contact your local bird expert, Jim’s Termite & Pest Control: Phone 131 546, or click here to get a free quote.
WE SOLVE TERMITE AND PEST PROBLEMS IN
Brisbane – Ipswich – Gold Coast
131 546 – 7 DAYS – 8am-8pm
With over 27 years experience, we know how to protect your family, your home and your business!